Everyone always talks about living a healthier lifestyle, but what is that really. A vague status. It can be eating healthier, becoming more spiritual, exercising, or all of that together. Typically one healthy behavior often leads to another and then you are on the road to a healthier lifestyle. But, it is really that easy? It can be… if you don’t become overwhelmed.
The best place to start
Start with one change. This could be one of many things.
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Taking more breaks during your work day to walk and stretch.
- Purchasing lean meat versus fattier meat when buying groceries.
- Packing your lunch instead of eating out every day.
- Waking up 5-10 minutes earlier in the morning to meditate and pray.
- Going to bed earlier or going to bed at the same time every night.
- Taking a walk during your lunch break everyday.
- Packing a healthy snack for the afternoons instead of eating out of the vending machine.
- Planning an outdoor activity with your kids.
There are so many options!
Only make one change at a time
Pick one thing and master that habit. We are often resistant to change and it can overwhelm us. It sounds kind of silly and we are often our own worst critics. Be easy on yourself. It takes years to create bad habits and it will take years to create new healthy habits. Give yourself a break. When you have master one change, meaning you don’t think about it anymore. It is just natural for you. Move on to the next. It’s time for you to create a new habit.
Congratulations, you are on your way to a healthy lifestyle!